Dedicated Attorney Helping Injured People in Washington State
Medical Malpractice • Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse • Personal Injury
Attorney Joanne R. Werner brings 20 years of experience as a registered nurse, and over 14 years of legal experience to ensure that people who have suffered serious injuries Link to catastrophic Injuries or families grieving the wrongful death of a loved one receive the compensation they need and deserve.
If you have been injured, contact our Seattle injury law office today for an evaluation of your claim. At The Law Office of Joanne R. Werner our lawyers represent clients with any personal injury or wrongful death claim, including:
Medical Malpractice: Doctor, nurse, midwife, hospital, or health care provider errors
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis,
- Failure to treat an illness or complications or to treat it promptly
- Failure to gain informed consent or to inform patient of risks associated with a medical treatment, medication, or surgery
- Failure to follow acceptable medical standards, or to seek additional information or to make a referral when appropriate
- Medication errors, including wrong medication, wrong dosage of medication, or failure to monitor and act promptly when a patient has a negative reaction to a medication
- Emergency room errors or negligence
- Surgical errors, such as operating on the wrong part of the body or performing the wrong procedure
- Defective medical devices or faulty drugs
- Pregnancy and birth-related injuries leading to brain damage, cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, or infant death
Nursing Home Negligence or Abuse: Inadequate patient safeguards or negligent nursing care in a nursing home, rehabilitation center, or other long-term care facility
- Medication errors, including wrong medication, or wrong dosage
- Negligent medical care leading to acute or chronic medical problems, such as pressure sores (bed sores) and sepsis
- Improper use of restraints leading to falls, broken bones, or strangulation
- Improper or negligent supervision leading to falls and broken bones
- Emotional, sexual, or physical abuse by nursing home staff, such as striking a patient, deprivation of food, water or bathroom access, seclusion, or inappropriate use of restraints
- Improper employee screening exposing residents to injury, theft or other harm
Personal Injury: Accidents caused by negligent, reckless, or wrongful conduct
- Motor vehicle collisions, car wrecks, motorcycle accidents, truck crashes, and defective car parts
- Train derailments or train crossing accidents
- Defective consumer products, toys, and defective equipment in the workplace
- Construction and job site accidents
- Asbestosis / mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos in the workplace
Ms. Werner works with a select team of experts, including nationally-recognized physicians, economists specializing in calculating economic losses, vocational rehabilitation specialists who evaluate the loss of earning potential for individuals who have suffered disabling injuries, and life-care planners who determine the medical, rehabilitation, supervision and home environment needs of victims of catastrophic injury.
Contact The Law Office of Joanne R. Werner for dedicated legal help obtaining full and fair compensation for your losses.
All cases are accepted on a contingency fee basis. This means that fees are only paid to the firm if we recover compensation for your case.
Attorney Joanne R. Werner, R.N., M.S., J.D., represents clients throughout Washington State, including King County, Pierce County, Spokane County, Whatcom County, and Yakima County and the communities of Seattle, Bellingham, Spokane, Tacoma, Yakima, Seattle and Puget Sound area.